Search This Blog

Thursday, May 15, 2008

No Longer a Baby...

You moved into the Toddler room today at school. It is such a big moment for you! You are now only going to nap once a day (God help me and daddy!) - and you don't have a crib...just a bedroll! When I dropped you off this morning you saw your little buddy, Neva. You and Neva were the best of friends in the Infant room. You saw her right away, smiled so big and opened your arms to give her a hug. It brought tears to Elizabeth's eyes (Elizabeth and Barbara are your new teachers).

You seemed quite at home in your new room - they have such cool toys. You will get to spend your afternoons outside on the playground, and you no longer have to sit in a highchair - they have little booster seats at the table for your lunch and snacks. Oh! I forgot to mention that I bought you a lunchbox yesterday. It is adorable. I chose to avoid Barbie or Dora the Explorer - that's not your (read: my) style. So you got a super cool tie-dye and flower lunch box. Much more you. :-)

As I kissed you goodbye and walked out the door, I realized that my little baby is...no longer a baby. And I cried.

Iloveyoumadly.
mama

No comments: