Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Fifteen Months

Happy 15-month birthday, my sweet Baby Toad.

Days around here sure are getting more and more fun! You are such a precious little person. I have become somewhat addicted to what is being referred to in the media as "Mommy Bloggers" - these are public posts by other moms that talk about their lives, their children's lives and all the adventures that go therein. Some are good, some are kind of mundane (much like mine would probably be to someone else if I ever allowed public access to this site). But all of them share one thing in common: this isn't an easy job - but it is a job none of us would ever give back.

You are somewhat of a Daddy's Girl. And by this, I mean you seem to want to impress him or be held by him or want to be where he is more than with me. And that's OK - I love how much you two love each other. And sometimes I admit that I get a little sad as I think it somehow shows me a glimpse of our future as mother and daughter. But really, when it comes down to it, you are my little buddy. You are - at least so far - an almost CLONE of me. Minus your dad's feet and eyes. But you talk in your sleep like me (ask daddy someday about some of the things that come out of my mouth at night), you look almost exactly like I did at your age, you have magic toes (quite possibly my most favorite of all your gorgeous body parts), and I am next to positive that you are inheriting my allergies. There are so many other similarities that sometimes take my breath away...maybe I'll add more to the list later.

Your Grammy and Gramps were here this past weekend - it was so fun. You LOVE your Gramps. I'm tellin' ya - you two are little peas in a pod. I have never seen anything so cute. But again, I missed the photo ops and didn't take any pictures. D'oh! Your Grammy said to me in passing on their last day, "I don't know how you do it." And I asked what she was referring to. To sum up everything she said, it was basically - "I don't know how you are able to be such a great sister, such a great wife and an amazing mom - all while working full-time." She didn't work while raising Christian. My response was something like, "I am lucky to have such a great family." But you know what else is in there? You. You are so amazing, and easy to be with and around .... and raise. You actually make me think I know what the hell I'm doing. (And your Daddy is amazing, but this post is about you and me). I hear and read about all these moms that struggle through the early years as their children throw tantrums, and challenge everything - and I don't get that with you. Don't get me wrong - you have your moments where I wonder where my baby went as I look at the screaming alien that replaced you - but overall you make me a good mom.

Every parent thinks their child is the most beautiful child on the planet. It's biologically impossible for us not to feel this way. For God's sake - we made you out of our own flesh and blood! (Someday that will amaze you as much as it now amazes me). But really - you are the most beautiful child on the planet. In everyway possible, your beauty takes my breath away.

You will stay this beautiful to me always.

iloveyoumadly.
mama

No comments: