Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Moving On....Moving Out?

I was tucking you in the other night, and on my 2nd check you opened your arms and decided it was time for you to hold me and rub my back. I love it when you do this. At that moment I realized that one day you weren't going to even want hugs from me, much less want me to lay down and snuggle with you. It was such an overwhelming feeling that I almost started to cry! I love you so much. You are growing up so fast I feel like I am not taking advantage of every moment you need and want me. I promise to relish in these moments moving forward.....

On the way to school yesterday you got really emotional. Out of the blue. I asked you what was wrong, and you said, "I don't want to live all by my big self when I grow up." I asked what you meant, and you said you never wanted to leave my house. I have no idea where this came from! So I spent the rest of the car ride to school reassuring you that a) you have about 14 years before that even comes up as an option, b) by that time you might be running for the hills to get away from me. You didn't seem to think that would ever happen.

It looks like you and I are pretty fond of each other baby. I think I can live with that - for now, and at least another 14 years.

iloveyoumadly.
mama

No comments: