Search This Blog

Friday, February 12, 2010

The Sweetest Thing....

We had a rough night last night. You aren't feeling 100% - you have a nasty cough and a really sore throat. Last night you just didn't feel like being alone. So I ended up sleeping with you for a good portion of the night. I should put "sleeping" in quotations. I didn't do much of it.

So we get up this morning - I barely made it through the basics of getting ready: washed my hair but didn't style it, threw on jeans, a long-sleeved T and a pair of boots, a little lip gloss and called it good. By no means did I feel beautiful.

We were all getting our coats on, rushing to get out the door, when you reached your arms up and asked for another hug. I obliged - of course! - because there's nothing better than one of your hugs. And just as I was pulling away from you, you put your hands on my face, looked me in the eyes and said, "You're so pretty."

You made my decade.

iloveyoumadly.
mama

No comments: