Search This Blog

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Oh the things you say....

First of all, I would like to give credit to your daddy for something: he broke 4 ribs two weeks ago, and yet somehow he still manages to give you a bath and put you to bed without complaining while I get B-Bear down. Amazing.

OK - on with the story.

So after I got Berit all tucked into her sleep sack and in her crib, I was getting ready to take a shower. I had the monitor turned on to watch your sister, but decided to check on you guys to see how you were doing. So I switched the channel and was immediately transfixed by the adorable conversation you and daddy were having. You were recalling the events of the day - with amazing detail. You talked about running through the fountain on Pearl Street, and about the cute green balloon kitty the man on the street made you, and about the party you went to next door at the Johnsons. WOW - BIG DAY KIDDO! (Did I mention you decided not to take a nap today?) Anyway - during this elaborate recalling of the day daddy was tucking your stuffed animals in around you. Between sentences you directed where each one of them was to sleep and he was obliging you most willingly. And then he pulled your hair - by accident, of course. You squeeled and giggled - apparently it didn't hurt too bad. And then you said - and this is the best part - "Pay Attention Daddy!"

Once again, reminding me that you actually do listen to what we say!!

iloveyoumadly.
mama

No comments: